Thursday, May 23, 2013


May 22, 2013

Acorn Campground
New Hogan Lake,
Valley Springs, CA
We sat around in the morning trying to decide if we wanted to do a hike, bike ride or take the kayak out on the lake.
 
It was still chilly in the afternoon so we eliminated taking the kayak out.  We figured we might as well pack it up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When that was done we started rearranging the items in my trunk and the items in the cab of the truck.  By the time we finished it nearly dinner time. 
So in the end we didn’t do any of the things we had discussed in the morning. 
 

While I was sitting outside reading, Monte told me to look down below us in the meadow.  There were a group of deer having dinner.
 
 
 
  We watched them until they moved on and then I went inside to make dinner.
After we ate, I walked up to the showers.  The hot water felt great but the walk back to our site was chilly and I wished that I had worn something warmer. 
 
 
 
Back home I found Monte outside taking pictures of the deer who had returned and were again munching away.
We did some inside prep for our move tomorrow and then settled in watching a couple hours of TV. 
As usual when we are preparing to leave a place we really like we are a little sad but also excited about what may be waiting for us down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment