Thursday, May 30, 2013


May 29, 2013
Fernley RV Park
Fernley, NV
We had an extremely lazy day spending a good part of it on the internet because we had such excellent free WiFi.
I got caught up on the laundry.  It is amazing how it accumulates.  I took having a washer and dryer at my disposal for granted when I lived in my bricks and sticks house.  Luckily there were ample washers and as a bonus our site was directly across from the laundry room so I didn’t have to babysit my wash.
It has been two months since we lost our cat Pumpkin in Sedona.  We really miss him and think about him every day.  But I am finally at the point of thinking about him and smiling rather than crying. 

 
 
 
 
A funny thing has happened to our other cat, Anne.  Her personality has done a complete 360.  She used to be very standoffish to the point that my nickname for her was the “Blob” because all she did was sleep, eat and use the litter box.

 
 
 
During the course of the 10 years I have known her, she has never allowed me to pet her.  She would hiss at me if I even approached her.

BUT within a few days of Pumpkin’s absence she started warming up to me by walking in between my legs rubbing up against me.  I began to tentatively stroke her head and, OMG, she purred. 
I am beginning to believe that she was overshadowed by Pumpkin’s BIG personality and is now enjoying being the center of attention.  Whatever the reason I am enjoying her new attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment