Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 5, 2014
Englewood, FL
Not wanting to miss the monthly pancake breakfast, we set the alarm for 7AM.  Monte had attended last months’ breakfast so he already knew what to expect.  We brought our own place settings and, after paying $3 each, we found empty seats.  Within a few seconds of sitting, one of the volunteers came over to offer us a choice of orange or tomato juice.  A different volunteer came over to collect our plates and take our egg order.  It wasn’t long before we were eating perfectly cooked eggs, sausage and pancakes.
I had made plans with my parents to meet them at the Senior Center in North Port to have our taxes prepared.  AARP sponsors this free program.  I arrived first.  When I pulled into the parking lot I had to circle a few times before finding a parking space.  When I entered the center it was standing room only.  I noticed there were numbered clipboards on a table so I grabbed two of them numbered 44 & 45.  The first thing my dad said when he arrived, after finding out it would be at least a three hour wait, was I’m not staying.
Dad left to do some errands.  We told him we would call him when it was getting close to our number called.
We had arrived at 10:15-I walked out with a completed tax return form at 3:45!  It was well-worth the wait for me because it had cost me over $300 the previous year to have an accountant prepare my taxes.
While I was gone, Monte went back up on our roof to treat it and cleaned our neighbor’s roof.    

No comments:

Post a Comment