Monday, February 10, 2014

February 8, 2014
Port Charlotte, FL (Wedding Party)
While Monte did some pre-packing for our morning departure for the boondocking rally we plan on attending in Arcadia, I went to Walmart to stock up on groceries we would need for the week.  Our hosts, Linda and Howard of RV Dreams, had mentioned we would be doing some potlucks so I wanted to make sure I had enough food.

 
In the late afternoon, we attended a party for couple who had gotten married at Christmastime.  The groom, John, is the son of friends of my parents.  Monte and I had only met him once and were meeting his new bride, Heidi, for the first time. 

Our host, Angelo serving a Perfect margarita!
After stuffing myself at the cocktail hour, the main course was served that included chicken cutlet parmesan, sausage and peppers, and rice balls. 
We were sitting in the lanai.  The wind picked up so my dad put on his conehead hoodie.  TOO FUNNY.

 
 
 
 
 
 
The groom is German and Italian and the bride is German and Irish.  My mom entertained us by reading a list of things the bride could expect when marrying into an Italian family.  It was hilarious.

 
I was so full I didn’t think I could eat one more bite of anything AND then the desert was served-homemade cheesecake and a black forest cake.  Oh My!
 
My dad, usually the life of the party, was distracted by his new toy, the iPad Air. 
 
Knowing we had to get up early in the morning we had planned on leaving the party by 8PM but we were having such a good time that I was surprised when I looked at the clock to see it was after ten.
My brother, sister-in-law and mother chatting it up with the groom.
 
 
We finished off the evening with my dad telling a few jokes. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment