Thursday, August 16, 2012


8/16/12

I was so tired last night I fell asleep before 10.  This getting up around 5am is getting to me.  We were in the bay by 6 and finished with the work by 9.  The people at Mor/Ryde gave us the name of a place that services rv’s including propane problems.  Monte called them and was told they are booked for days but that he should call back in an hour and talk to the owner who may squeeze us in.  Since we were finished at Mor/Ryde we decided to take our changes and drive over to the repair shop.  The person we encountered (I’m not sure if he was a manager or a worker) got annoyed that we just showed up.  I noticed their labor rate was $95/hr.  We decided we would just get some propane and hoped it would last until we got to our next stop in Madison, WI.  Another worker helped us with the propane.  It turned out that one tank was full and the other one only took 3 gal.  This convinced Monte that there was a problem with the regulator.  The guy who helped us with the propane told us to try this RV surplus place.  He gave us directions.  It turned out they had a big supply of regulators so Monte installed the new on while we were in the parking lot and it works great. 

We also saw that the RV place was having a sale on generators..  We have been discussing buying one but the prices are usually high.  This one was such a good buy that we couldn’t resist.  We “stuck” it in the back of the cab of the truck for now but will have to figure out where its permanent home is going to be.

Our timing was good as it started to pour right after Monte finished installing the new propane pressure regulator.  We were doing great until we got to the Chicago Loop.  When I entered our next destination in the GPS earlier in the morning I forgot to compare the routes.  The traffic was very congested and Monte and I got separated.  So I didn’t see he was going to the left in the fork in the road until it was too late for me to get over.  When we finally got around Chicago and were able to pull over it turned out that we were about an hour apart in distance.  So we decided to just keep going and meet up in Madison.  But about an hour later when Monte called me and described what he was passing I realized I was passing the same place a couple of minute after him.  He pulled over and sure enough I caught up to him..

It was nice being together again.  We made it to the Camping World in DeForest, WI and after checking in with the Service Manager found out where we could plug in for the night. 


 

We had a simple dinner of salad and the corn I had gotten from the lady at AAA.  It was delicious.  We plan on watching maybe an hour of TV and then to sleep.  We have to be out of here by 8am.  (Paid $3.99 for gas today.  I hope that is as high as it is going to get.)

No comments:

Post a Comment