Monday, August 20, 2012


August 20, 2012

Sleepy Hollow Campground, Wall, SD

I had a very restless sleep last night.  When I went to get out of bed I was in a lot of pain with my back.  We took our time getting ready and left by 10:30.  We stopped at a very pretty rest area (Lewis & Clark) and had lunch on a cliff overlooking a lake. 







 We had originally planned on going to a campground in Interior, SD but after stopping at the rest area we got information on a couple of campgrounds in Wall, SD.



  I called Sleepy Hollow campground and found out there were slots available.  We crossed over into Mountain Time and arrived at Wall at around 3.  We quickly set up and went to Wall Drugs, a quirky tourist attraction.  (See below for the story behind Wall Drugs)







 

We had planned on going into the pool when we got back to Sleepy Hollow but after dipping my toe into the water I changed my mind and opted for a hot shower instead.  Monte puttered around doing “things” on the RV while I caught up on Army Wives on the internet.  A quick salad for dinner and then an episode of Hell’s Kitchen.  Tomorrow we plan on touring the Badlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment