Friday, August 3, 2012


August 3, 2012

When we woke up and walked outside we could smell the ocean air.  We leisurely packed up.  I am sure with time packing up to move will become routine.  Monte cooled the truck off and went to get the cats from the RV-Pumpkin was hiding so it took longer than we had planned on.  I guess we have to leave time for the unexpected (we had to be out of the park by 11AM)  Finally, after plugging in the info into both GPS (Monte has one in the truck that is specially made for RVs and I have one in my car as well,  we found out pretty quick that his GPS and my GPS don’t always have the same route. 

It was a pretty ride through Marianna, FL as well as when we entered Alabama.  While researching where we should stay next I came upon a site that lists free camping.  On the list was Camping World so we decided to check out the one in Dothan, AL. 





 The folks there were so nice—they instructed us to just pick a free spot and plug in and hook up to water.  After doing a little shopping in Camping world (just can’t imagine going into one and not buying something) we took a ride into the historic district.  What a charming town.  It is known as the Mural City.  









We had a quick bite at McDonalds and did some shopping at Walmart.   Another wonderful day.  The only down side of the day was discovering ants in our basement.  Monte had to completely unpack everything (A major job) rinse the basement with water and then spray ant killer before shaking everything off and repacking.  I keep trying to tell him it is all part of the experience.  He didn’t say it but I could imagine him thinking that it was easy for me to say when he was the one doing all the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment