Sunday, August 19, 2012


August 19, 2012

Hills RV Campground, Plankinton, SD

We had a pleasant night last night.  We watched the movie, THE HELP.  We really enjoyed it.  It rained as we packed up this morning and headed out.  When we stopped at the visitor center after entering South Dakota, the nice lady pointed out every (and I do mean every) tourist place to visit in the State.




  She said if we were going through Sioux Fall we MUST go to Falls Park. 








 We had planned on going into Sioux Falls because we needed cat food.  The cats are used to a certain food that only the big pet supermarkets carry.  Since they are already traumatized by their new lifestyle we didn’t want to add to it by changing their food.  So I googled Petco and found one in Sioux Falls.  We entered the info for Falls Park in the GPS and left the RV in the parking lot and drove over to Petco in my car.  On the way back we noticed a Fuddruckers.




  I had never eaten in one and Monte claimed they had the best burgers in the world so we decided to eat there.  Since we had already had lunch we shared one burger and fries.  I have to admit it was pretty good.

When we got back to Falls Park we walked around and took some pictures.  It was really beautiful.  We would have liked to stay longer but we wanted to get to our next destination and hook up while it was still light out. 

We hit some construction on the road, which was very bumpy.  We finally reached Hills RV Campground.  I was very disappointed. 



 First off when we arrived there was a note on the door directing us to pick a vacant spot, fill out envelope form located somewhere, place the money in it ($17-way overpriced compared to the nice place we stayed in Welcome, MN) and place it in the slot.  We drove around and Monte picked out his spot.  I went in search of the envelope.  I couldn’t find it.  A short while later another RV pulled in the lot.  It was a Canadian couple.  The wife asked me where we pay and of course I told her I didn’t know.  We went in search of the envelopes—We found a box with a slot that said pay here but no envelopes.  There was a desk in the room so I went through it and sure enough there were the envelopes. 

I would not stay here again.  Since we had the hamburger for a late lunch we weren’t hungry.  Monte puttered around outside for a while and I scouted out our next destination.  I think it is going to be a place called Badlands Ranch and Resort in Interior, SD. When I called to see about availability for tomorrow night I was prompted to leave a message but the message box was full.  I tried entering the address in the GPS but it couldn’t find it.   I hand wrote the directions from their website—I hope we find it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment