Saturday, August 4, 2012


August 4, 2012

We had a pretty good night’s sleep despite the light shining through the skylight over the shower.  We were parked directly under a spot light.  Since we hadn’t unhitched, getting ready to leave was pretty easy.  We were on the road by 8:30. 

To save money, we decided to spend another free night at the camping world in Calera, AL.



 We didn’t usually double lock the rig but since we were going to be gone a couple of hours we did it this time.  We asked the clerk in Camping World where we could go to walk around a bit.  He suggested a place called, THE SUMMIT.  He gave me directions and as we were pulling away I realized I forgot something in the rig.  So I put my key in the deadbolt and it got stuck.  Monte tried to pull it out and it broke in the lock. 







Luckily one of the guys from Camping world came to our rescue.  He managed to get the broken piece out and used a screwdriver to open the lock.  Of course the lock was broken so we had to buy a new one (An unexpected $50) But I suppose it could have been worse if we had been forced to call a locksmith.

 The Summit was 20 miles away. 




It turned out to be a very exclusive shopping mall.  Not exactly what I had in mind.  We had a gift card for Starbucks so Monte went and ordered a couple of beverages and an apple dessert.  The bill came out to over $15.00 and they wouldn’t accept the gift card.  BUMMER. 


 

We also had difficulty accessing the web through our Samsung tablet.  It was frustrating as the main reason we purchased it was to have a connection no matter where we were.  Finally I was able to get on and paid some bills, posted this blog, checked my emails and did some research on where to stay tomorrow night.  After all that I am exhausted.  I am also suffering TV withdrawals as we have not had a cable connection for a couple of nights.  Oh well, all part of the new lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment