Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012
Wall, SD

I was moving a little slow this morning when I woke up.  My back is quite sore but once I started moving around a bit it felt a little better.  I wanted to take some sandwiches for our outing today but we were out of bread.  I googled supermarket in Wall and found out there was a small mart nearby.  We took a ride there and were shocked at the prices.  Almost $5 for a half gallon of OJ.  I guess I am spoiled having lived in an area where there were 10 supermarkets within a mile of my house.

We took our very few purchases back home and got ready to see the badlands.  There was an entrance not too far from where we are camping.  Thanks to Monte’s America the Beautiful Senior Pass the $15 entrance fee was waived.

 



  The badlands are quite breathtaking.  We stopped at several scenic outlooks to take pictures.






  The visitor center was over 20 miles from the entrance.  There we watched a video about the badlands and were able to fill out water bottles free of charge from a filtered water center. 





 

We came across a group of Forest Rangers on a emergency rescue practice drill.

We enjoyed stopping at the different overlooks to take pictures but it was quite hot and we didn’t stay out of the car for long.

Back home I went for a dip in the pool.  We are looking forward to a relaxing evening.  Tomorrow is moving day but we are only traveling around 90miles so it won’t be too bad.  I made reservations for the next two nights at a rv park that is close to MT Rushmore and other area attractions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment