Saturday, September 1, 2012


August 31, 2012

When the alarm went off at 6am I did not want to get out of bed---it was cold!  But we told Linda and Howard we would be ready at 7 to leave for Boiling River.  We drove the short distance to the parking lot at the river and it was approximately a ¼ mile walk to the access point.  There was a sign posting several restrictions, one of which was not bathing allowed. 





 Bummer-I had brought my shampoo with me and had planned on washing my hair.




We took off our outer clothes in the cold (Brrr), put on our swim shoes and slowly made our way over the rocks in to the water.  It is a weird sensation when first entering the water because there is a flow of very hot water that mixes with the very cold water so at part of the river one part of your body is cold and one part hot. 






When you finally find the “sweet spot” where the mix is perfect, it is awesome. 




 It was so refreshing that we stayed almost 2 hours.  We decided to leave when it started getting very crowded so apparently the Boiling River isn’t such a secret after all.

We had a very leisurely day.  The only real frustration I had was trying to get onto the internet.  The reception is very spotty here in the mountains. But I was finally able to get on and do some banking.  A storm rolled in and we were forced inside.  I did a crossword puzzle and Monte worked on fixing his desk.  One of the joints on the desk had come loose and I guess with the constant motion when we are traveling the split was getting bigger and bigger.  After the storm moved through, and the sun came out, I read for a little while.  It felt great to just relax.  Monte did what Monte loves to do—putter around.   

Linda and Howard came for dinner at 6.  I made pasta with two types of toppings, shrimp scampi and red sauce with sausage and garlic toast. 


 It was the first time I used the oven.  Linda was very helpful, explaining how it is important to really let the oven heat up before putting anything in it and also to recognize by sound when the oven is ready.  Linda made coffee and baked a delicious cake for dessert.  She even brought ice cream to go on top. 



 YUM.  After a couple of hours of pleasant conversation they left and Monte helped me with the dishes.  By that time we were ready to go to the Ranger talk.  The topic was the forming of Yellowstone and how the creatures who live in it survive.  Back home by 10:30.  Monte went to sleep and I watched a DVD on my computer for about an hour but I’m not really sure how the show ended because I kept nodding off.   It was another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment