Wednesday, September 19, 2012


September 18, 2012

River Bend RV Resort, Harrisburg, OR

It was wonderful to sleep in and not be woken up by a PA system.  We had a very leisurely morning and did not have breakfast until 10:30.  I finally announced to Monte that I was going to take a walk because I was starting to feel like a slug.  Still it was almost 12 noon by the time I was dressed and ready to go.  Monte decided he would come along.  We planned on walking to the far end of the resort and then walk down each row to look at the different rigs.  BUT we didn’t make it far because we heard our names being called.  It was Howard in the doorway of the conference center.  He was recruiting volunteers to assist with getting things ready for registration. 




 I met a really nice lady named Dianne who is from Victoria, BC.  We hit it off and were paired off to sit at the 1st registration table. 



 We were given the task of greeting people as they entered, checking off their names on the roster and giving them their ID tags. 

I knew Dianne was my type of person when we both said it must be getting close to cocktail hour.  We were finally dismissed at around 4:30.  I went home and skyped with Mom and Dad for a while.

I was quite impressed by two of the attendees as they are women solo RVers.  I have to give them a lot of credit.  I don’t think I could do it on my own nor do I think I would want to, as a big part of my enjoyment of this journey is sharing it with Monte. 

We went to the banquet hall at 6pm and had a delicious dinner of BBQ chicken and pork, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw and cornbread.  After dinner, as an icebreaker, we were instructed to switch tables based on the number that was on our ID tag. 





Monte had a different number than I did so we went to different tables.  Then hats that each had two teabags taped to the visor were distributed, one to each table.  The object of the game was to put the hat on and try to swing the tea bags to the top of the hat. 



 Each person at the table was to take and turn and then the person who did it the best was asked to represent that table.  The best player from each table then competed.  It was a lot of fun and did indeed get people talking.

The evening ended rather early because the first seminar was scheduled for 8am the next morning.  Back home, we watched a little TV and went to sleep by midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment