Thursday, September 27, 2012


September 26, 2012

RV Guaranty, Junction City, OR

We set the alarm for 6:30 because John, the Service rep, was scheduled to knock on our door early so Monte could be with him when he called Cornerstone RV Insurance, the extended warranty company.  John had spoken to someone yesterday who didn’t know anything about our situation and said that the work we were having done was not covered under the warranty.  BUT we had spoken to someone else, whom shall remain nameless unless he doesn’t stand by what he had told us last week.  Mr. nameless told us that as long as we paid for XYZ at the previous rv repair place then we wouldn’t face the problem of having work done at two different places under the same case #.  Throughout the day several messages were left for Mr. nameless who did not return any of the calls left for him.  The work here should be completed tomorrow so I hope Mr. Nameless calls back before it is time to pay the bill!  Ordinarily no work should be begun until an authorization is given by the warranty company but in this case I am glad we didn’t wait because we might have had to spend a couple of weeks here just waiting for a call.  Sometimes it is difficult to give an estimate unless some work is begun but isn’t it funny how fast these companies are to take your premium from you but how slow they are getting back to you when you have put in a claim???

Sorry for the tirade—just letting off steam.

I spent the morning in the lounge with Gina who then invited me to join her and DJ on a drive to Lone Pine Farms, a local farmers market.  Gina lives in a Pace Arrow motor coach which she drives as effortlessly as most people drive a car.  At first we thought we had been given the wrong directions but just as I was calling Monte to ask him to ask one of the local guys where exactly it was, we found it. 

As I was walking around looking at all the delicious looking fruits and vegetables I had to keep reminding myself that I had limited space for things because I could have easily walked out of there with a car load. 







 I bought corn on the cob, peaches, tomatoes, and sweet onions.  We had the corn for dinner and it was very sweet.  When we got back to RV Guaranty I took a ride with Monte to a couple of stores and then lay down for while because my back was bothering me.

We sat down to eat around 6pm and heard a familiar voice saying, “We’re back.”  It was Dianne and Steve who had departed the day earlier for some work they wanted done at a solar installer.  They had to return to RV Guaranty because the work they needed to have done hasn’t been completed prior to their appointment at the solar place. 

After dinner we joined we walked a short way to where Steve and Dianne were “camped” to join them for a campfire. 




 Gina, DJ, Mike and Nancy, the remaining members of our RV Dreams Rally group, also joined us.  It was another evening spent with new friends.  We left around 9pm because my back was bothering me especially after sitting in a folding chair.  Hopefully this will be the last night we are camped at RV Guaranty.  Even though it warmed up in the afternoon, it had been cold enough in the morning for a winter jacket.  I want to leave the area before it is that cold all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment