Friday, January 17, 2014

January 16, 2014
Englewood FL-Tree trimming, a rummage sale and sex in a pan.
It was pretty chilly this morning so when there was a knock at the door at 8:30 we were reluctant to get out of our warm cocoon provided by our down comforter. 
But the person was persistent. 
 It turned out to be Chris, the maintenance man at the park informing us that the tree trimmers were going to working on our block and that we needed to move our vehicles.
 
 
 
Monte nicely offered to move both cars.

 
 
 
 
 
Monte went outside to take some pictures.  He overhead some of the residents complaining about the fact that the park plans the tree trimming when the park is full when they could easily have the trimming done in the spring or summer when most of the residents have departed. 
 
These guys make the job look so easy. 
 
I needed some ingredients for a dessert I wanted to make to take to my brother’s house.  On our way to Walmart we stopped at a rummage sale at a mobile home park.  They have everything, including the kitchen sink, but there was nothing we couldn’t live without so we left empty-handed.

 
My dessert needed a few hours to set so I began the preparations as soon as we returned from the store.
Sex in a pan:
 
I dug out my food processor so I could crush a package of oreo cookies to make the crust.
 
I mixed the crumbs with melted butter and placed the mixture into a pan
pressing it on the bottom and up the sides.  Then I put the pan in the fridge for an hour to set.
The next step had me mixing 2 large containers of frozen (thawed) whipped topping
with 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese.
In a separate pan
 I mixed 1 package each of instant vanilla and chocolate pudding
 with 3 cups of cold milk.
When the crust had set, I began assembling the dessert.
I gently poured and spread the whipped topping mixture reserving a little bit for the topping.
Followed by the pudding mixture.
I placed the reserved whipping topping on top and used a toothpick to give a swirled effect.
Finally, I sprinkled some chopped walnuts and chocolate shavings.
We had a fabulous time at my brother and sister-in-law’s house where dinner is not just a meal but an experience.  They started off by serving each person an entire bulb of roasted garlic.  Each couple shared a crock of baked brie.  
 
 
 
I could have just been content to just continue eating the garlic and brie on crusty bread but then came two different types of salad, followed by four cheese ravioli topped with home-made sausage sauce. 
 

 
After a couple of hours of laughter over humorous stories it was time for dessert.  My mom had baked an apple cake.  My sister-in-law, Margaret placed my sex in a pan on the table and THEN placed another sex in a pan on the table.  WHAT?  Yep, that’s right-of all the thousands of types of dessert possibilities another guest had brought the same dessert. 
 
We all had a good laugh over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment