Monday, January 27, 2014

January 26, 2014
Pot luck dinner and music trivia debacle in Englewood, FL
I signed us, along with my parents, up for the pot luck music trivia dinner at the clubhouse.

 
 



We had only sat down for a minute when we noticed people making a mad dash for the dessert table. 
 
 
 
 
 
I have been to quite a few pot luck dinners and have never seen the meal begin with dessert.  My Dad and Monte appeared to like the idea as they sampled a few items.

 
 
 
There was an assortment of hot and cold dishes. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made the comment that if anyone leaves the dinner still hungry it is their own fault. 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course that was before the tables were called up and our table ended up being the next to last table called.   

 
 
 
 
 
All kidding aside, there really was plenty of food. 









Mom ate some Jello and said it tasted different-
I said, congratulations, you just had your first jello shot. 
My beautiful parents 
After dinner, rules for the music trivia were announced.  Quite a few people left after they ate so a request was made for everyone to fill in the empty places at the tables closer to the front. 







When we moved we ended up with only three other people at the table and, just like us, knew pretty much NOTHING about music.   







One table dominated the game, answering most of the questions.  I made myself feel better about that by noting that they had over twenty people crowded together at their table.

We had a great time.

Still feeling full, after my parents departed, Monte and I took a walk around the park enjoying the balmy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment