Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 17, 2014
Elks Club, (Birthday Party) Deep Creek, FL
We celebrated my Dad’s 80th birthday with a party at the Elks Club in Deep Creek. 
Monte and I drove to the club with Mom and Dad to help set up for the party 
This is one of the centerpieces I made for the party.
The first step was to select photos of my dad at different ages and put them on a flash drive.  I had wallet-size prints made at Sam's Club.  Then I cut out frames using my Cricut machine.
I glued the pictures to craft sticks 
I also cut out 8s & 0s on the Cricut, glued the numbers on the cut-outs left over from the frames and attached them to a skewer.
I wrapped printed paper around plastic containers to dress them up a little. 
Added curling ribbon to the number skewers. 
My brother and sister-in-law were the next to arrive. 
 The balloons they brought really added a festive touch.
My parents are real social butterflies-they have a nice circle of friends. 
 
 
After dinner, Dad opened gifts. 
Mom acted as his secretary making sure the correct card ended up with the right gift.
 
 
 
Do a little dance...
My brother gave a heart-warming toast. 
Dad cutting the first piece of cake.
Dad thanking and toasting his guests. 
There was a lot of cake leftover so I portioned it out so each guest could take some home with them. 
Making the rounds. 
Dad doing one of the things he does best--telling jokes. 
 
Thanks for a wonderful party sweetie!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment