Friday, January 24, 2014

January 22, 2014
One persons’ junk is another persons’ treasure.
Englewood, FL
Another cold, but sunny day, in Florida-I stayed in my flannel PJs most of the day but, in the late afternoon when I began feeling like a slug, I got dressed and went for a walk.

 
 
 
 
 
 
I encountered a few people, some wearing shorts and a tee-shirt---WHAT-it is 50 degrees people!
When I returned home, still feeling like a slug, I dragged Monte with me for a bike ride.  We planned on staying in the park but on the spur of the moment we crossed the busy highway and rode around a small development.  
At the end of the driveway of one of the houses we noticed a trio of tables sitting with the recycling bins. 
We returned later on with the car to retrieve them. 
SCORE.
We also stopped in at the thrift store located next to Big Lots.  Monte bought this device.  We think the original intent is for assistance for someone with a hip injury. 
 
 
Monte will cannibalize it for parts.  He is very good at repurposing things. 
After dinner we settled in, cozily tucked under our lounging blankets in the living room, and watched, Life of Pi.   The website IMDb, describes the movie as, " A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery.  While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor: a fearsome Bengal tiger."
 If I were asked to decide whether or not to watch the movie just based on that synopsis, I probably would have chosen not to watch the movie.   And I would have missed out on a beautiful movie with stunning scenes filled with vivid colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment