Wednesday, December 12, 2012


December 10, 2012

Desert Sky

Monte and I celebrated our anniversary today.   We were destined to meet.  The reason I believe we were fated to be together is because of all the events that had to happen for us to meet.  I am originally from New York and relocated to Florida for a job.  Monte also moved from Illinois to Florida for a job.  We were both single and decided to give Match.Com a chance at the same time.  When I first enrolled in the on-line dating service I had limited my parameters in distance to 3o miles and the age of the male I was seeking to below 50.  I met some real interesting men but none of them was “the” one.  I was ready to give up but decided to give it one more try and widened the distance parameter to 60 miles from my location and the age of the male to 55. 

When I hit “enter” the first profile that popped up was Monte’s.  I got a real sense of the type of person he was when I read his remarks.  I e-mailed him.  He called me.  We made a date to meet and I knew after the first encounter that I was in “trouble”. 

It was my idea to sell almost everything we own to live a nomadic life and I couldn’t have asked for a better partner to do it with than Monte.  We celebrated by going out to dinner at Applebee’s, our favorite restaurant chain.  The food was excellent as was the conversation as we reminisced about some of the exciting things we have experienced together as a couple. 

After dinner we took a ride to the Mesa Temple. 






 I had read about their spectacular Christmas light display. 






 AND it truly was SPECTACULAR!  We took many photos but pictures just don’t do it justice.





  It is really amazing how simply adding lights to pathways and trees can make something so magical.









  We would have liked to stay longer but I was wearing sandals and the temperature had dropped to the 50’s. 












On the way home I felt so content.  It had been another wonderful day with my sweetheart.

Nine years ago the nicest, most thoughtful and caring man entered my life and I have thanked God every day for bringing us together.  I am truly blessed to be loved by this special man.

No comments:

Post a Comment