Tuesday, December 4, 2012


December 3, 2012

Desert Sky

I decided to cook a pot roast today in the slow cooker.  We hadn’t made plans to do anything so all day long we smelled the roast cooking and it was making my mouth water.  We did take a ride to Wal-Mart in the afternoon to get an oil change for my car as it was already a couple of thousand miles overdue. 

We also stopped at Pet Smart to pick up cat food and a new harness for Pumpkin.  We already have a harness for him but he managed to get out of it so I wanted to try one that I saw advertised on TV.  They didn’t have one for cats but did have one for small dogs so we bought that one.  But when we got home and tried it on the cat we found that he would be able to just pull it off over his head. 

I sat outside reading for a while until the sun went down and it got too chilly.  When the pot roast was ready, I made some mashed potatoes and backed dinner rolls in the convection oven.  We were not disappointed with the pot roast-it was delicious!  Of course we overate so we took a long walk after dinner.   

Monte has wanted to see The Avengers for some time but we hadn’t been close enough to a Redbox for a while.  So earlier when we were in Wal-Mart and saw that the movie was available, we got it.   It was silly and would not have been my first choice of a rental but Monte enjoyed it-next time I get to choose the movie. 

We were still wide awake when the movie ended at 11:30 and ended up watching a Christmas movie on TV that didn’t end until 1:30am.  We talked about going on a hike tomorrow but I think we are going to be too tired….

No comments:

Post a Comment