Saturday, December 8, 2012


December 7, 2012

Desert Sky


I spent the entire morning in bed resting after a horrible nights’ sleep.  By lunchtime I was feeling a little better so we went around to a few different stores gathering items for a Christmas package to my son Ryan who is stationed in Afghanistan.  We had picked up a large flat rate box from the Post Office and some custom declaration forms the previous day.  When we got back home I started filling in the info on the forms and noticed that each and every item had to be entered and the form only had 4 spaces so I was going to need more forms than I had.  We took another ride to the Post Office to pick up more forms.  Then back home I had fun trying to squeeze everything I purchased into the box.  I managed to fit it all except one paperback book so that was eliminated. 

I want to include some handmade cards the twins are going to make so I won’t be able to ship out the package until Monday.  I hope he will get it in time for Christmas.

We took a ride to my daughter Renee’s house and had homemade pizza that her partner Deb made.  I was a little reluctant to eat because of how ill I was the night before but the aroma got to me and I took a chance.  THEY WERE DELICIOUS!  She made a plain cheese pie and a white pie with feta and spinach. 

The twins were at a sleepover so we were able to watch an r-rated movie and settled on Bridesmaids.  It was very funny.  I am really enjoying this time with family and am cherishing every moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment