Tuesday, February 26, 2013


February 25, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

My back was still aching today but not as much as yesterday so hopefully I am on the mend.   I took advantage of the beautiful weather to sit outside for a couple of hours.  It was so warm that I didn’t need a jacket-a big difference from the prior day when it was cold enough to need a ski cap. 
Monte took a ride to Harbor Freight because he saw they had a heat gun on sale. 
 
 
 
 
 
He will need the gun to heat shrink tubing on our solar installation project.

(He sold his heat gun at one of the garage sales we had prior to leaving Florida because we didn’t think we would have need for one-you know how that goes!!) 

 
 
 
I say “our” project although he is the one doing all the work.  My contribution is taking pictures (except the ones on the roof because there was no way I could climb a ladder with my back issues.)



When Monte returned he cleared out some things from the basement to have better access to the sub-basement panel so he could see where he could bring down wiring from the roof. 
Monte drilled a hole in the roof for the wire but it wasn't big enough so he enlarged it.




 His next step was to install the combiner box on the roof.  (Monte is going to give a more detailed step by step installation process when the project is completed. 

 
 
 

I cooked some hot dogs and kielbasa for dinner on our Cuisinart portable grill.  
 
 
 
 
 

Monte ran out of daylight so he re-stowed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment