Wednesday, February 27, 2013


February 26, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

Although still a little sore, the ache in my back wasn’t as bad as the day before and I was starting to get cabin fever so I went out for a couple of hours. 
 My first stop was at the Apache Junction Public Library.  I had been there on previous visits to Arizona and knew that they had a book store offering deeply discounted hard cover and paperback books.  I really only went to browse because I still have some paperbacks that I brought along from “home” in Florida.  I have a Samsung tablet that I plan to use as a reader when I finish reading the paperbacks that I have.  An added bonus of clearing out the paperbacks will be having another cabinet freed for other things.
After leaving the library, I stopped at Walmart and checked out the clearance rack.  There was nothing that I “had” to have so I picked up a few grocery items and checked out.
The Dollar Tree, located directed across the street from Walmart, was my next stop.  I bought new placemats for our dining room table. 
 
 
 
 
 
 I tape them together on the back so they don’t move.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Before leaving home I had checked the Fry’s weekly ad on-line and saw that both milk and juice were on special.  I also found some Manager’s Specials in the produce department.  I added three gallons of water to my cart and checked out.  The water in the area we are staying has a funny taste to it so we have been using bottled water.  I stopped at the lottery machine on my way out and purchased some tickets for the next drawing. 


Monte was up on the roof when I returned but he climbed down the ladder to help me carry in the groceries. 
 He accomplished a lot while I was gone having wired all the panels and connected them to the combiner box.

As I was putting away the groceries I saw that I had two carrots that were starting to go bad so I cut them up and threw them outside near the fence because there are bunnies living in the park. 
Sure enough less than five minutes later there was a bunny munching away on a carrot.  I spooked him when I came outside but I did manage to get a picture before he hopped away. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I took advantage of the beautiful weather to sit outside and do a couple of crossword puzzles. 
One of our cats, Pumpkin.  He is giving me that look that says, "I want to be alone."
Our other cat, Anne, hiding from Pumpkin.  One of Pumpkin's favorite past times (when he isn't sleeping) is to chase Anne.
"Don't worry, Anne, I'll protect you from that meanie."
Pumpkin "helping" Monte sort through items in a box.
"I didn't do it.  I'm innocent I tell ya."
"I think I will make this toolbag my new bed."

No comments:

Post a Comment