Thursday, January 3, 2013


January 1, 2013

Desert Sky

We slept until a little after 10am.  We lounged around in bed watching some of the Rose Bowl Parade.  It was great.  Having once worked on a float for homecoming I have a little sense of how much work goes into decorating the floats.  Finally at around 11:30 I dug out the waffle iron and made waffles.

I spent a little more time than I normally do on the post for my blog (journal).  I have some faithful followers (mostly family) that leave me great comments that are appreciated.  Although I am posting on a “blog” site, I think of my posts more like my personal journal that I have opened up for others to read if they are interested in knowing what Monte and I are doing.  The posts are daily, and since we do not do something exciting every day, it stands to reason that there are posts that are going to be downright boring…     

But, for right now, I am going to continue to post daily so I have a record of this extraordinary journey we have embarked on so one day (when the memory starts failing) I can read my posts and perhaps jog that memory and relive these experiences. 

So to all of you who read my blog every day, or just once in a while, I say thank you and hope you that you are entertained at least some of the time.

At around 4:30 we made our way to Renee’s house.  We got there before she returned from picking up the twins after spending Christmas with their dad.  Having spent so much time, effort and money on doing a mini redecoration of their rooms, we wanted to be there when they saw the new look for the first time.  And they did not disappoint us.  Their reactions made it all worthwhile.  After they looked over the changes and additions we made to their rooms, they returned to the living room and that is when they noticed the trampoline (a gift from their mom and her partner Deb) in the back yard.  Of course they had to check it out.  It was cold and getting dark so they didn’t get to spend as much time as they would have like jumping.  But with the promise that they could use the trampoline as much as they wanted the following day, they were coaxed back inside.

We were celebrating a faux Christmas Eve so, after a fabulous steak dinner, they opened a couple of gifts.  We watched the movie, Big Miracle, and then called it a night.  We had decided to spend the night so we wouldn’t have to drive home late and come back early in the morning. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment