Sunday, January 27, 2013


January 26, 2013

Desert Sky

I set the alarm for 7am because we planned on taking a hike but when it went off, and I saw it was pouring outside, I went back to sleep and did not wake up until after 9.  Monte and I lounged in bed all morning watching a Glee marathon on Huluplus until our stomachs started growling.  I made us bacon and eggs for brunch.  We spent a couple of hours working on a photo frame project for our granddaughters.  (will post photos when the project is complete)
 
 
The wash next to our site that is normally dry.
 


 
Rain, rain & more rain

 
 

The threat of cabin fever sent us into Mesa to the Harkins Superstition Spring 25 Movie Theatre. 
 
 
From the amount of cars in the parking lot it looks like a lot of ther people had the same idea.

 We thought that since there were so many movies to choose from it wouldn't be a problem getting a seat.  But by the time we got our popcorn and entered the theater there were only a few seats available.  Luckily we found two seats in the middle.  I hate sitting right in front.


 
 
There were at least 20 movies to choose from-more if the same movie in 3D is counted making it difficult to choose which movie to see.  Monte and I generally take turns choosing the movie. 
 
I chose the last movie we saw so it was his turn but he told me it didn’t matter to him so I narrowed the choices down to three movies:  Parental Guidance starring Billy Crystal and Bette Midler who are “old school” grandparents who agree to babysit their grandkids.  It sounded cute but I decided to pass on it and rent it when it comes out on DVD. 
The second choice was The Impossible, the true story of one families experience during the 2004 tsunami that hit Southeast Asia.  I do want to see the movie eventually but was not in the mood for something dramatic so I settled on The Guilt Trip with Barbra Streisand.  She plays the overbearing mother of Seth Rogen’s character.  It was just the ticket.  The movie, although predictable at times, was charming, funny and even had a few moments that tugged at the heartstrings. 

We had muted our phones while we were in the theater.  When I checked for messages afterward I saw that I had received one from the owner of the RV Park we are currently staying at wanting to let us know that it has been a pleasure having us stay and wishing us good luck when we depart next week.  What? Next Week? We had already made arrangements with the off-site manager to stay through the month of February.  I was a little rattled all the way home.  Monte called the owner directly and sorted things out.  It had been a miscommunication and there is no problem with our staying another month.  Whew! 

We don’t normally buy popcorn when we go to the movies because it is expensive and because it usually upsets my stomach afterwards.  But we hadn’t had lunch and so when we walked into the theater and smelled the popcorn I couldn’t resist.  Luckily I didn’t feel any unwanted side effects.  We were still pretty full when the movie was over so we just settled for a salad for dinner.

We watched a STUPID movie on HuluPlus that us shaking our heads when it was over.  We do this too often—continue watching a movie in the hopes that it will improve.  99% of the time it does not and then we regret wasting our time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment