Thursday, January 3, 2013


January 2, 2013

Desert Sky

When I woke up I was surprised to see it was already 9am.  Because today was our Faux Christmas I had expected the girls to wake us up early so they could open the rest of their presents.  But they had played quietly in their rooms until we were all up and even “allowed” us to prepare coffee before starting on the first package.

Christmas is a magical time.  I know the real reason to celebrate Christmas has nothing to do with getting gifts but I have to admit that spending the holiday with young children, watching their faces light up when they receive, “Just what I wanted”, makes the experience even more magical. 

After all the gifts had been opened, Deb treated us to an outstanding breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon.  I didn’t think I could eat anything the rest of the day but hours later when we sat down to a turkey dinner with all the trimmings I managed to fill and eat a plateful.

We left Renee’s house by 6pm.  Having been gone overnight, and only having one litter box for our two cats to share, we weren’t sure what to expect when we arrived home.  BUT thankfully all we found was a very full litter box and two cats who were purring very loudly and did not wander far from us the rest of the evening. 

In the past whenever we came to Arizona we flew in and spent one to two weeks in Renee’s house.  Being able to spend the holidays with my daughter and granddaughters this year has been wonderful and having our own place to come home to when we have had too much togetherness is priceless and another perk of living this lifestyle.     

No comments:

Post a Comment