Thursday, January 10, 2013


January 9, 2013

Desert Sky

We forgot to put food in the cat’s bowls before we went to bed and were woken up by gentle nips.  When will we learn? 

My mom asked me to work on an ancestry photo project with her and since Monte had already made plans to work on our neighbors’ computer, he dropped me off at Renee’s house then returned home. 

 
My Grandparents

 
My Greatgrandparents

 
My Mom

 
The little boy is my grandfather
 

A few years ago my mom wanted to get rid of her photo albums that were collecting dust so she asked me to scan the pictures.  I put them on a flash drive for her.  Since she didn’t have that flash drive with her it was good that I had also put a back-up copy of the file on an external hard drive.  So today we spent a couple of hours choosing pictures.  When I had them loaded into my Pro Show Producer program it was just a matter of adding captions and some background music.  My mom was very happy with the finished product.  She plans on giving a copy to each grandchild.   It was wonderful spending the afternoon with her and as an added bonus I even learned some new things about some of my ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment