Wednesday, January 30, 2013


January 30, 2013

Desert Sky

I spent most of the morning looking over and editing the pictures I had taken the day before when we went on our Silly Mountain Botanical Walk.   In the afternoon we took a ride to my daughter Renee’s house.  Monte dropped me off and took the truck to Discount Tires to see if they could find out why we were losing air in one tire.  It turned out to be a leaking valve stem.  We had purchased the Michelin tires last July but had put on over 7,000 miles since leaving Florida.   The tire place fixed the leak and rotated the tire at NO COST!  Wow, who does that? 

While Monte was gone, I offered to take the twins out so they could ride their bikes. 
 
 
 
Kennedy decided she would rather use her scooter. 
 
 
A couple of weeks ago Monte thought he helped Daphne master her bike without training wheels.  But something happened in the interim and the training wheels were back. 
 

We walked over to a local park where the girls slide down the slide and climbed on the bars.  
 



Mommy pushing the bike because Daphne was anxious to get to the playground.
 
We had a delicious homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner compliments of Renee’s partner, Deb.

After a couple of games of Skip-Bo we headed home.

 

Today marks the birthday of a very special person to me. 
 
Melissa, Monte’s daughter, celebrated her 32nd birthday.
 
 


 
 
 
 Melissa is smart, pretty, funny and a very good mother to “our” 7 year-old grandson, Timmy.   I say “our” grandson because even though there is no blood relation I love him and have considered him a grandson since the day he was born.
 
 
And I regard Melissa as a daughter.  Happy Birthday, Melissa!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment