Wednesday, January 9, 2013


January 8, 2013

Desert Sky

Both Monte and I slept great last night.  We lounged around in the morning.  While I worked on my photo project Monte surfed the net.  Then it was time to leave for Renee’s house for a lasagna dinner to celebrate my dad’s 79th birthday. 
 
 

My dad is an amazing person.  He grew up on the mean streets of Brooklyn back in the 1940’s and was raised by a single mom.  After a stint in the Army, where he met my mom while stationed in Germany, he returned to New York working a series of jobs to support his family.  He eventually got, first his GED and then his college degree while working two jobs including driving a USPS mail truck.  A degree enabled him to get a better job with the USPS and eventually retire with a pension.  I am so proud of my dad and all he has accomplished with his life but the thing I love most about him is his generous heart.  I am so blessed to have him for a dad and although I am a grandmother I still consider myself “Daddy’s little girl.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment