Thursday, January 17, 2013


January 16, 2013

Desert Sky

After sleeping in late, I spent most of the day on the computer sifting through photos from our hike yesterday (between Monte and I we took almost 200 pictures), writing my journal, getting caught up on financials and doing some research for possible future hikes and excursions.  Monte was also doing research on his computer.  From where I was sitting at the table I could hear him at his desk listening to videos that included info on hiking shoes, solar panels and batteries.  (It is difficult to remember life prior to the internet but some of us are not too young to remember letting our “fingers do the walking”.)

In the late afternoon we took a ride to my daughter Renee’s house where Monte was almost knocked off his feet by my twin seven year-old granddaughters who rushed at him each wanting to be the first one to hug him.  I got a passing hello from them!  I guess I can’t blame them for being more excited to see Grandpa Monte because he lets them use his tablet to play games, goes on the trampoline with them and even lets them serve him plastic food from their fun foods sets.  (He is such a good sport that he even allowed them to put scarves on him making him look like an old woman).

After a delicious dinner of home-made pizza prepared by Renee’s partner Deb, Monte took a ride to Home Depot and a few other stores while I played in a marathon of Skip-Bo with Renee, Deb and my mom.  Whenever Mom and I are visiting at the same time we actually keep score of how many games each person wins during the visit.  Renee has had a winning streak and I was in a slump not having won any games.  BUT all that changed a couple of days ago and I am now giving my daughter a run for her money.  (Just a phrase-no money is involved.)  

We stayed until 10pm and then took the chilly 20 minute ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment