Monday, January 28, 2013


January 27, 2013

Desert Sky

It was another dreary day of off and on again rain.  We were teased a few times when the sun tried peeking through the clouds only to be disappointed when it began to rain again.  Monte had to go on the roof and brush off the water from the slide toppers that had accumulated over the past couple of days. 

I took pity on him and made him some homemade waffles.  Then we took advantage of a brief respite from the rain to go outside so I could give him a much needed haircut.   I have been cutting his hair for years but today was the first time I trimmed his beard for him.  I did a pretty good job if I say so myself!
 
Before leaving to go pick up Daphne and Kennedy at the Target parking lot (the switch-off area when they spend the weekend with their dad) I took pictures of frames I created for them as mementos from our Hoe Down (See January 19 for journal entry about the Hoe Down).
 
Kennedy

Daphne
(Daphne is older by TWO minutes and she never lets her sister forget that Daphne is older)

I took these pictures on the ride to pick the girls up in Mesa.
 

 
 
I thought the cloud formations, especially the ones above the mountains, were beautiful.
 


 
 
We left a little extra time before we were scheduled to be at the pick-up point so we could go into K-Mart and buy a couple of pizzas from Little Caesars. 

On the ride to Renee’s house I kept hearing scuffling in the backseat but every time I turned around to see what was going on the girls were sitting apart, smiling at me innocently.
 
 
 
UNTIL, having the camera turned on and ready, I snapped these photos.
 
Ah, Sisterly Love!

 
 
  Caught ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment