Friday, March 1, 2013


February 28, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

I planned on spending the day at my daughter Renee’s house.  Before I departed I assisted Monte. 
First he drilled a hole underneath the stairs leading to the bedroom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
He used his telescoping video inspection camera to see if there would be any obstructions.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then he went up on the roof and fed heavy duty solar wire down that I then pulled through the hole he had drilled. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Before we even started with the wire we had to harness Pumpkin because he tried getting into the space under the stairs when Monte unscrewed the grill covering the space.  We tied his leash to a gallon water jug and put him outside.
 
 
 
 Normally whenever we open the door we have to prevent him from running out but with the harness on he becomes what I call "statue cat."  He stiffens up.  After a few minutes outside he started crying and scratching at the door because he wanted back in. 

 
 
After helping Monte, I gathered up our wash and was on my way.  Later in the afternoon I took a ride with Renee to pick up my twin granddaughters from school.  But first we stopped at Fry’s for a couple of items and I treated us to a Starbuck’s Caramel Frappuccino.   

 
 
 
Back at Renee’s house Daphne snacked on a large spoon of peanut butter
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 and I quizzed Kennedy on her spelling words and listened to her read three short stories.   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After finishing their homework the girls spent some time on the trampoline. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then Daphne skipped rope. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kennedy helped unload the dishwasher
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and Daphne looked through a box of jewelry trying to decide which earrings she wanted to wear.

 
 
 
 
 
We played the board game Payday.  The objective of the game is to have the most money at the end of the game.  The board used is in the form of a calendar month, with each day having a different event resulting when a player lands on a space.  There are many lessons to be learned from playing this game one being it is wise to save money.  Sometimes bills are accumulated during the month that must be paid at the end of the month.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover both granddaughters put money aside every time they received a bill to insure they would have enough money at the end of the month to pay their bills.  


When I got home Monte filled me in on all he had accomplished with the solar installation project while I was gone.  (Details to be posted at completion of project)

No comments:

Post a Comment