Saturday, March 23, 2013


March 22, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

A day of frustration and lessons learned.


We were excited about getting our satellite antenna installed. 













Monte carried it up to the roof















and installed it. 













(Lesson number1-check to see if the unit works prior to drilling holes into the roof.)

  He temporarily ran a cable down the back of our unit and through the window. 
After hooking the cable up to the Dish receiver, he following instructions and tried acquiring the satellite. 
 And tried. 
And tried. 
And tried. 

In the meantime I was on the phone with Dish going over the different packages available.  We had purchased two receivers because I wanted the option of watching TV in the bedroom or living room.  (Lesson number 2-call the provider before purchasing equipment to determine what we require to meet our needs.)

I found out there was going to be a $7/per month charge for the second receiver.  I was leaning towards the Dish America package for $39.99 per month but it didn’t have some of the stations I like to watch.  In order to get those stations I had to go up to the America’s 120 package at a cost of $49.99.  So in the end I opted to take the more expensive package and only have one receiver saving the $7.00 per month. 

While I was on the phone with Dish Monte kept trying to get connected.  The Dish rep transferred us to tech support.  Monte and the tech spent the next hour and a half trying different things.  NO LUCK.  We called the store where we purchased the antenna and they said they would order us a replacement one on Monday.  Monte informed them that he had already mounted the brackets and was NOT going to take them off and they said no problem.


The end result of the day was that we had signed up for a service we couldn’t use yet, had a second receiver that would have to be returned to Camping World and an antenna that didn’t work. 






The other thing I could kick myself over was that we have been in this same spot for 4 months and I waited until one week before our departure date to get this installation accomplished. 
I am trying to console myself by having the attitude that if we didn’t have days like this one life would be boring.  
 
 
 
 (As I am typing this, Monte made the statement that he just wished life could be simpler!) 
 
 
 
 
That actually made me laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment