Sunday, March 17, 2013


March 16, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

 
We were feeling kind of lazy when we woke up so we lounged around in bed watching TV.  The cats, Pumpkin and Anne, joined us in one of their favorite positions, bookending Monte.

 
At 11:30 I started getting ready for an outing with my daughter Renee.  While I waited for her to arrive to pick me up, I emptied out the cabinet I keep my foodstuff in plastic containers.  The previous day I had rearranged things in other cabinets to clear a second cabinet for food storage.  I had purchased additional containers in Walmart and planned on labeling them when I returned home later in the day.

After tossing around different choices for lunch, Renee and I decided on Applebee’s.  It was really crowded and we thought it was going to be a long wait to be seated but ended up only having to wait less than 10 minutes.

 
 
When our server came to our table she remarked about both Renee and I wearing purple. 
 
 
 
 
 
We hadn’t even noticed ourselves until the waitress remarked on it and said it was her favorite color.

 
 
 
We ordered the same lunch, salad and a chicken wrap.  Both were delicious.  When the server returned she asked us if we wanted another salad as the lunch special included unlimited salad or soup.  Both of us opted to get a bowl of soup-
 
 
 
Renee chose French onion.
 
 
 
 
 
I went with tomato basil.

 
 
 
 
Our next stop was the mall. We entered through Dillard’s and I couldn’t resist trying on some hats. 
Tea anyone?
 
 
The hats were really pretty but definitely do not fit into my lifestyle.
  We came across a storefront displaying shorts that were (and I know I am going to sound like a prude) bordering on obscene.

 
 
 
Renee tried on a scarf
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and a hat a la Princess Kate. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Where does someone, who is not a Princess, wear a hat like that? 
She also tried on rings. 
Years ago Renee had gotten a tattoo that looks like a ring on her finger and now that she is older and wiser, regrets it.  She is starting a new job on Monday and has been searching for a large enough ring to cover the tattoo. 
Erin go Brah
 

 
 
We came across this harem outfit.  Again, where does one wear something like this? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Or these sneaker boots?

 
 
 
 
 
 
Payless Shoes was our next stop. 
 
 
Renee tried on a pair of wedges
 
 
 
 
 
and I tried on these flower heels.  Although I think I would look pretty snappy in these shoes shopping in Walmart for groceries, I passed on them. 

 
 
I almost purchased these sunglasses (the picture does not do them justice) but opted not to at the last minute.  It would have been frivolous because I don’t really need them as I have a good pair.

 
 
I went into the candy store just to get this picture for Monte, aka, Mr. Sweet Tooth, but didn’t buy him anything because I had just gotten him some candy swag for his birthday a few days earlier.

 
 
 
 
This silicone bra is one example of the many unusual items available for purchase
 
at Charlotte Russe,

 
 
 
 
 
 
I dragged Renee into a kitchen store. 
She does not have any interest in cooking or kitchen items but being a good sport didn’t rush me through. 
 I didn’t buy anything but took pictures of things I found interesting.


 
The last time Monte and I had been in the mall we had gone into the pet store and looked at the dogs and cats they had for sale because we had time to kill. 
So I suggested to Renee that we stop in the pet store and to our surprise we discovered the pet store was now a rescue center. 
 They have only been opened a couple of weeks and only had a few animals up for adoption. 

Renee had mentioned that she hadn’t had a haircut in quite a while so I offered to treat her.  We stopped into a salon to inquire about the wait time.  It was only going to be 45 minutes so she gave her name to be placed on the list.  The Stylist said, “Oh by the way, you do know that we charge $45.” 

I could tell by how wide open Renee’s mouth was that she hadn’t realized it was going to cost that much. 
We canceled the appointment and I suggested we go to Walmart.  Within a few minutes of arriving, Renee was telling the Stylist how she wanted her hair cut.
  Originally she was only going to get a trim but the Stylist convinced her to go with long bangs. 
 
While Renee was getting her hair cut I took a walk over to the cosmetics aisle and picked out a nail polish.  I was going to surprise Renee and treat her (and myself) to a pedicure. I always bring my own polish with me so I can do repairs if I get any chips.

By the time I returned to the salon the Stylist was just finishing up with Renee.  I think the Stylist did a good job.  The new style suits Renee.

The nail salon, located next door to the hair salon, was very crowded so we couldn’t get chairs next to each other. 
 Every time we started a conversation, the woman sitting in the seat between us either rolled her eyes or loudly sighed.  She was reading a book and I guess we were disturbing her.

At the entrance to the salon there was a sign listing the prices.  It showed a standard spa pedicure as costing $20.  BUT once we had our feet in the water, the nail Tech handed us a card showing additional services (of course at an additional price).  I chose the number 3 service at $25 but when the Tech (she wasn’t wearing a nametag and I didn’t ask her name) lifted up my foot and saw the condition of my callused heels she handed the price card back to me and said, “You go with number 2,”

Number 2 costs $30 and included a deep cleaning of calluses.  I embarrassingly agreed  to number 2.  As did Renee.  I have to admit that the service provided was well worth the additional cost.  The salon I used for pedicures back in Florida did a good job but it only took about 20 minutes.  Our number 2 experience lasted almost an hour! 

 
I can’t decide if my favorite part was when the Tech massaged my legs with a sea salt and sugar scrub
 
 
 
or
 
when she rubbed smooth hot rocks up and down my legs and feet.  It was all good. 

 
 
 
 
Renee’s Tech,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
who wore a name tag that read Jenny, was funny. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Every time I went to take a picture, she posed. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Unfortunately those shots were kind of blurry as I had mistakenly had the camera on the wrong setting.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were very pleased with the end result.  My only complaint was that the chairs were so claustrophobically close together.

 
 
It was close to 6pm by the time Renee dropped me off back home.  Although we had a great time I was a little melancholic knowing that our time together is coming to an end as we are leaving in two weeks.

I quickly made some meatballs that I plan on taking to Renee’s house tomorrow for dinner along stuffed shells. 
 
While the meatballs were simmering in sauce, I labeled the containers I had purchased in Walmart. 

 
 The next step was to sort out the ones that wouldn’t be affected by heat and placed them in the cabinet that had an exterior wall from those that are temperature sensitive and placed them in the cabinet that is not exposed to heat. 
 

While I was working on my project, Monte spoke on the phone to a friend that he reconnected with after being out of touch for more than 20 years.  Monte located him via the internet.  (Isn’t technology wonderful?)  They discovered that they had similar stories to tell.  Both had lost a spouse and both have a new mate thanks to an internet dating site.  They left off by promising to keep in touch and with a possibility of us stopping in Illinois to visit with them sometime down the road.

Monte sitting outside the Club House waiting for me.

After a late dinner, we took a walk around the park first stopping at the club house because I had a pile of books to donate.  

 
I snapped a few pictures of garden statuary but most of them came out too dark.  The three above were the only ones light enough to save.
 
Monte couldn’t resist his impish nature by shining his flashlight up at this face creating a ghoulish picture.
 

Monte had kept busy while I was out with Renee.  
 
In addition to installing a storage tube on the lower I beam he fixed the water tank flushing system.  I asked him to explain.

 Today I decided to finally repair the black water tank flushing system.  It has not worked properly since we bought the rig and 4 months ago it quit working altogether.  I had to buy a back flush adapter from Camping World.

 
 
 
First I had to remove the screws and cross members from the underbelly of the rig. 











 
 
Next I located the tubing running to the back flush sprayer fitting.
 


 I removed the hose and hooked up the water and ran water through the hose to make sure that everything was clear from the water intake to the end of the flushing flange. 
 

I then proceeded to clearing the inside of the flusher fitting that is made of brass.  I used my inspection camera to look inside the sprayer and saw it had 3 holes in it. 
 
I cleaned the unit and then reconnected the tubing, ran water through it and bingo bango, it worked.  
 
I then reassembled everything and proceeded to flush the tank out. It is great to finally have a flushing system that works.  I am next going to buy a strainer fitting to install in the flush system to prevent any possible debris from entering the system and plugging up the fittings.

No comments:

Post a Comment