Monday, March 4, 2013


March 3, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

We woke up to warm weather.  There were plenty of clouds so I kept expecting the rain to come-but it didn’t. 
Monte was supposed to take the day off from his solar installation project

 because we were expected at my daughter Renee’s house at 3
 but he decided he didn’t want to waste time so he worked for a couple of hours.

I had told Renee that I would provide dinner today so I took a ride to Fry’s to pick up the items I needed.
            We hadn’t had lunch so by the time we arrived at Renee’s house we were really hungry so I popped in some mozzarella sticks in the oven to have as an appetizer.

 
 
 
 
While I started the sauce for dinner,


 

 Daphne played a song on her guitar. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kennedy brought out some of her stuffed animals
 
 
 
 
 
 
 and when she got bored with them she colored on Easter placemats. 

 
 
 
 
 

Daphne showed me her walking dog
 and then read me a play she had performed in at school.    
 
 
Show and tell continued when she put on a hat she had made at Christmas time.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I snapped this photo of Monte taking a nap.  (He claims he was just resting his eyes)

           
 
 
 
 
 

 The girls put on a dance routine they put together by themselves. 
 We played a game of Skip-Bo and then while we were waiting for dinner to be ready, we watched a video of the girls from my visit the previous year.  The girls couldn’t get over how small they looked just a year ago. 

           

We had ravioli’s for dinner.  Daphne, who is a really finicky eater, had seconds!

 
 
 
 
I had brought along a cherry pie for dessert but when it came time to serve it we couldn’t find it.  Someone (and by someone I mean Monte) hid it.  The girls knew right away who the culprit was.  Daphne told her grandpa Monte that “she was on to his tricks.”  So the hunt for the cherry pie was on.  I was the one who spotted it first.  He had hidden it on the top of the kitchen cabinets. 

 
 
 
 

Of course Grandpa Monte had to have ice cream on his pie.
 
After pie, we gathered up our two baskets of laundry and left having had a fun day with family. 

2 comments: