Saturday, March 30, 2013


March 29, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ
In preparation for our departure on Monday morning, Monte took one of our propane tanks out of its housing,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
placed it in the trunk of my car and took it to be filled. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
We had it filled when we first arrived at this location the end of November and I thought the tank would be close to empty.  But it only took three gallons to fill it.  We had to pay for four gallons because the place Monte took it to be filled had a four gallon minimum. 

 
 
 
 
 
 When Monte returned, he gave me a quick lesson on dumping the black tank.  We each have chores and dumping the tanks is his responsibility but I wanted to know how to just in case I had to do it.  




 
 In the early afternoon I took a ride to my daughter Renee’s house to spend some time with my twin granddaughters, Daphne & Kennedy who had off from school. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 When I first arrived they were practicing a dance routine. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
On my way to their house I had stopped off at Dollar Tree and bought them bunny ears. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The bunny ears where the perfect accessory to wear as they colored Easter eggs. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They each have a different technique to coloring eggs. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kennedy rushed through the process making a mess as she went along. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 Daphne took her time,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
carefully selecting the color she wanted to use and was much neater than her sister. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When they were finished coloring eggs, Kennedy went back to dancing around the living room while Daphne scrubbed the kitchen table. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I suggested we put together a puzzle.  The girls are old pros as they sorted out the corner and edge pieces from the middle pieces.  They put together the outer edge of the puzzle first and then filled in the inner pieces.

 
  
After the puzzle was complete we moved on to a game of Monopoly.  I hadn’t played in years so I had to re-familiarize myself with the rules.  I was lucky enough to get Park Place and Broadway, the most expensive real estate on the board.  The best part of the game for the girls is when they get to make deals.  They do trades or offered deals based on what colors they like not on the value of the property.  It was too cute. 
We knew it was time to quite the game when Kennedy asked how much longer we HAD to play.

Daphne plopped down on Kennedy's lap.

Kennedy complained that Daphne had a bony butt.
Daphne thought that was hysterical.

They traded places and Kennedy sat on Daphne's lap.
A couple of HAM BONES!

They see a camera and start posing.
 
We sat around talking for a while until it was time for us to leave.  They were spending the weekend with their dad and I had offered to drive them to the meeting point.   As I hugged and squeezed them goodbye, I felt a little sad knowing that I will only see them one more time before we leave.

While I was gone, Monte had pulled out all the things we have been “storing” in the cab of the truck.  Now comes the fun part of trying to find a new home for everything. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He also rearranged the items he had in the basement.

 
 
 
 
 
 
When I entered our rig, I was greeted with this sight of Anne.  She is normally a “fraidy” cat but sometimes she surprises me by being as relaxed as she was in this photo. 

 
 
 I heated up leftover baked macaroni for dinner.   We took advantage of the warm evening to sit outside and watched TV for a couple of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment