Saturday, March 9, 2013


March 9, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

I planned on sleeping in late this morning after getting up early yesterday but I woke up naturally at a little after 7am.  We had our usual Saturday morning breakfast of bacon and eggs and then Monte did some chores.
 
 
Pumpkin decided to groom Monte.  He is a very strong cat and uses his paw to hold Monte’s head down so he can lick it.  Yuck!  But Monte is a good sport about it.

 
 
 
 
In the afternoon we headed over to Sam’s Club because we saw advertised they were having a free health screening clinic today.  We timed it great and were seen right away.  We had blood drawn for allergy testing that included milk, ragweed, mold, pet dander, dust mite, wheat, mountain cedar, Bermuda grass, egg and timothy grass.  We were given a reference number and can get results in a few weeks on-line.
They also took our blood pressure-my, as usual, was great while Monte’s, as usual, was high.  The final test was for body mass index.  Monte was in the average range while mine was in the-never mind, I don’t want to discuss it!

We picked up a few items we needed and continued on to Camping World because we had a $10 coupon I received via e-mail for being a good customer.  I appreciated the coupon but for what we have spent in Camping World the past couple of years we should have gotten more like a $100 coupon.  We walked around the store looking for something that we wouldn’t have to add too much money towards and ended up with awning hooks that we only had to add 52 cents to at the checkout. 
 
 
 
Before leaving Camping World we walked into a few of the 5th wheels, trailers and motor homes they had on display.  All of them had large residential refrigerators!  But other than that I still like my home the best which is a good thing considering that we are committed to it for a long time. 
Continuing on we stopped at Ace Hardware because Monte needed wire nuts.  Fry’s was our last stop before heading home.  We put away the groceries, had a quick bite to eat and then took a ride to Lowes for some other things Monte needed for the solar installation.  After a quick stop at Walmart and Best Buy we were ready to go home.


I had bought a large package of chicken cutlets at Sam’s Club that I cut in smaller pieces and using a frying pan banged them paper thin before breading and frying them. 
 I portion them out in freezer bags so when we want to use them I just have to either take a package out in the morning and let it thaw or pop it in the microwave and finish reheating in the toaster oven so that they taste like I just fried them.   

While I was frying the cutlets, Pumpkin decided to get in his exercise for the day by chasing Anne. 
He is so adorable but can be a real “brat” sometimes. 
But being chased by Pumpkin is the only exercise Anne gets so I guess it is a good thing and I can’t get too upset with Pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment