Wednesday, March 6, 2013


March 5, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

My daughter Renee called to invite us to a function they were having at my twin granddaughter’s school.

 
  Monte begged out to continue working on the solar installation project
 
 
 
 
so I went solo.

 
 
 
 
 
 
But first I stopped at the World Market and mostly browsed.  As the name of the store indicates they carry items from all around the world.  Of course the items come with a high price. 
 
 
 
 
I ended up buying a package of Tri-Color Gnocchi because it was on clearance. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also stopped at Dollar Tree because I wanted to buy some birthday cards.

 
 
 
I arrived at Renee’s house just in time to help Daphne with her homework. 


The girls only had enough time to get a few jumps in on the trampoline before dinner was ready.  Renee’s partner Deb made lettuce wraps. 
 I have never made rice noodles so it was interesting watching how they cook. 
After getting the oil to proper temperature, Deb placed a handful of noodles in the pot and a couple of seconds later they swelled to encompass the entire pot.  The wraps, that included some browned ground chicken, were excellent.

After dinner we went to Daphne and Kennedy’s school for “Clue Night”, based on the game, Clue.  They were given a sheet of paper with three categories listing the “suspects” (teachers at the school), “places” in or around the school, and”items”.  There were tables set up to represent each grade level from kindergarten to 6th grade. 
 
 At each table the students had a lesson to complete.  (One table the lesson involved guessing which animal went with which clue.)  Once completed the students were given a person, place and thing that were not the culprit.  By the time they had visited all the tables they knew who “IT” was by process of elimination. 
 
 
 The twins are only in second grade so of course by the time they got to the fourth grade table they needed our assistance.  It was a lot of fun.

 
 
 
 
On my drive home, I pulled over to the side of the road to take a picture of the sunset.  The camera just doesn’t do it justice. It was spectacular!

 
 
 
 
When I got back home, Monte was still working on his solar project and didn’t pack up his tools until after 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment