Monday, March 18, 2013


March 17, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

We slept in late and then I spent a couple of hours downloading and editing pictures and writing and posting the blog from my outing yesterday with my daughter Renee.
  In the late afternoon I sat outside doing my Sunday crossword puzzles and then reading.  I just started a book entitled Movin’ On by Ron & Barb Hofmeister.  The story is an accounting of the couple’s adventures in full-time RVing beginning in 1989.   According to the book there were over one million people living the full-time RVing lifestyle as of the publishing in 1999.  I am sure that number has increased in the 13 years since the book came out.

We stopped at Walmart to pick up fresh Italian bread only to discover their ovens were down so I settled on Texas garlic toast. 
 
 
 
We then picked up our twin granddaughters, Daphne
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and Kennedy, who has spent the previous week with their Dad during Spring break from school.

 
 
 
 
 
When we got to Renee’s house, I put the stuffed shells I had made earlier in the day into the oven to cook. 
 
 
 30 minutes later we were sitting down to dinner.

 
 
 
 
 
 
After we finished eating, Kennedy, ever the hambone, danced for us. 



She really needs to come out of her shell!
 
Daphne modeling her new Arizona State sweatshirt.
Renee & Kennedy sharing a Mommy/Daughter moment.
 
Family times like this are bittersweet for me because, although we are axious and excited to move on in a couple of weeks, I will miss my girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment