Thursday, March 7, 2013


March 6, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

Monte and I received a call from our CPA (in Florida) with questions and also needing some additional documentation in order to complete our returns.  I am normally very meticulous about records but (making an excuse for myself) with liquidating our personal and business assets to get ready to go on the road I got sloppy.  So we had to spend a couple of hours looking through paperwork to find what was needed.   I had been concerned that we would not get the returns mailed to us from Florida in time to file by the deadline but the CPA informed us he could e-file our returns for us.  Isn’t technology wonderful! 
In the afternoon, we took a ride to O’Reilly Auto Parts for battery cable lugs. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monte also needed more wire so we stopped in at Apache Junction RV but they didn’t have what he needed. 
 
 
 
They recommended trying Napa Auto Supply so that was our next stop. 
 
Our last stop was at Wells Fargo.  We use a bank that only had branches in the South for most of our on-line bill pay and automatic payments.  Knowing that we were going to need funds available on our travels we opened up an account with Wells Fargo because there are branches nationwide. 

 
 
 
 
When we returned home I noticed that something outside the window had gotten Pumpkin excited. 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a pair of quails.  I found out that quails are in abundance in Arizona and are a popular prey for hunters.  There are different types of quail, the most common in this area of Arizona being the Gambel’s  quail that primarily move about by walking really fast. 
 
 
 
I managed to get a couple of picture before they scooted away.

 
 
 
 
I sat outside watching a program on my laptop while Monte continued working on the solar project. 

He is doing an awesome job.

 

I want to take this opportunity to wish my nephew Brett a very Happy Birthday.  Like me, Brett has the traveling bug and has been to some really exciting places including Australia and has plans for extensive traveling in the  next couple of years.  Happy Trails, Nephew!

 
 
 
 
A belated Happy Birthday to a soon to be member of the family-my niece Christine’s fiancĂ©, Harvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment