Wednesday, March 13, 2013


March 13, 2013 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTE

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ





Today marks the birthday of one of the most important people in my life-my life partner, Monte. 

 
 
 
 
 
65 years ago Monte was born in Illinois where he spent his childhood and most of his young adult life before moving to Florida for a job opportunity. 
 
 
 



 
 
 
He married Ellen and produced two children, Jennifer and Melissa. 

He lost his beloved wife to cancer several years before meeting me. 
When we first met Monte had just become a grandfather for the first time when Jennifer gave birth to Bobby who will turn 10 this year.  Then along came Melissa’s son, Timmy, who is 7 and finally Nicholas, Bobby’s brother, who is 4.   Monte is also “step” grandfather to my twin 7 year old granddaughters, Daphne and Kennedy.

Monte has achieved many accomplishments in his life including owning and operating his own video production business and being a self-taught engineer.  There isn’t any mechanical or technical problem that he couldn’t figure out.   And if he comes across something challenging he knows where to look for the answer.
        Monte has an adventurous nature and enjoys exploring new places and experiencing new activities.

Sky Sailing, Warner Springs, CA

New Orleans

San Jacinto, CA


San Francisco, CA
 
 
 One of Monte’s passions in his youth was cave diving. 
 
 
 
 
 
His love of motorcycles began when he was a teenager. 
 
 
 
 
 
And as a young family man he enjoyed taking his wife and daughters out on their sailboat. 
 
 
 
Monte is the kindest, most easy-going person I know.  He is generous, thoughtful and very sensitive. 
 



But he does has a mischievous side to him and can be a real imp sometimes.   





He doesn’t mind being seen as silly if it means getting a laugh out of me. 
 
 
His broad shoulders and loving arms are always available when I seek solace.

 
 
 
Monte, I know your parents are smiling down on you and are very proud of the man you have become.  You are my best friend and I thank God every day for bringing you into my life.


Happy Birthday, My Love
 
And Happy Birthday from Pumpkin and Anne
 

3 comments:

  1. Well "Happy Birthday" young fella! Hope you have an awesome day.
    Enjoyed your pictures Rose and learning a little more about the Birthday Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!
    We miss you -- Jo Ann Martin
    (someday you'll accept my facebook friend request?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, Send It to me again, and thanks.
      Here is the link to our blog.
      God Bless

      http://monterose.blogspot.com/

      Delete