Friday, March 8, 2013


March 7, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

We are planning on leaving the area at the end of the month so I am trying to spend as much time as possible with my daughter Renee and twin granddaughters. 
 
I left Monte behind to continue on with the solar installation project
 and drove the 11 miles from Apache Junction to San Tan Valley to Renee’s house.

 
 
 
 
 
We took a ride to Walmart
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
because Renee wanted to buy a new vacuum cleaner. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 When it was time to pick up the Daphne and Kennedy from school I suggested we walk and carry their scooters so they could ride them home. 
 
 I had bought the girls a package of Pixy Stix and their mom allowed them to have two each. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 It was not the healthiest of snacks but watching them tear open the tube
and pour the powder into their mouth reminded me my own childhood.  The powder in Pixy Stix was originally a drink mix in the late 30’s but when it was discovered that kids were eating the sweet and sour powder right from the package it was repackaged and placed in straws. 

Before I left, Daphne showed off how well she can walk in her mom’s shoes. 
She did a better job of it than I would have as I haven’t worn heels in years.

It has been forecasted to rain the next couple of days so I took advantage of the nice weather to sit outside for a while when I got home and Monte put on his headlight to continued working when it started to get dark.   

No comments:

Post a Comment