Friday, March 29, 2013


March 28 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

Today we shopped, shopped and then did more shopping. 
 
 
Our first stop was at Napa Auto Parts
 
 
 
  
 
 
for 3M adhesive cleaner. 

 
 
 
 
 
 At our next stop, Radio Shack, I waited in the car while Monte went inside in search of an antenna adaptor cable.  They didn’t have it.
Monte dropped me off at Ross.  I browsed around but didn’t see anything that I couldn’t live without. 
 I went next door to Bed Bath & Beyond.  I saw plenty of things that I liked but nothing I needed.
 
 
I called Monte to let him know I was walking across the parking lot to meet him at Best Buy and we ended up arriving at the car at the same time.  
 
 
 
 
Monte purchased the Sleek 4G cell phone signal booster in anticipation of poor cell service in places we plan on boon docking. 
 
 
 
 
  
Next up, in the same plaza, was Verizon where he bought an antenna adaptor wire that goes between the Sleek and our MiFi.  They didn’t have it in stock and are shipping it to our camp with a promised delivery of one day.
We were getting hungry.  We noticed an In and Out Burger place across the street from Verizon.  We had never eaten there before and decided to check it out.  When we saw the prices and figured out how much it was going to cost I suggested we go to Fuddruckers instead.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I had only eaten at a Fuddruckers one time before and I remembered that the burgers are large
 
 
 
  
so Monte and I only ordered one
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and shared it with an order of fries. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I really like the fixings bar because you can take as many pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc. that you want. 
Monte with a happy full belly.
 (That was a good suggestion, honey)
 
 
After leaving Fuddruckers, we stopped in at Walmart
 and bought a California car duster.   We had seen a duster made for RVs being used back in September at the RV Dreams Rally we attended in Oregon.  Monte has been looking for one ever since but has only been able to find the car size.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Next up was Sam’s Club. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I treated myself to a pair of Capri pants and two packages of tank tops.  We also bought bread, English muffins, ham and tissues. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Even though I still had half a tank of gas we took advantage of being at Sam’s Club to fill up. 
Camping World, our next destination, was only a few miles down the road.  Monte wanted to get a water bladder to have with us just in case we are boon docking somewhere and need to get more water. 
 
 
 
 
Before going inside we noticed there was a new Cedar Creek 5th wheel open for a tour. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We like to check out units to get ideas. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
I can honestly say that, after looking at these units, 90% of the time I conclude that I like mine better. 

 
 
 
 
  
The Cedar Creek had some nice features including a front living area with a large entertainment center.   
 
 
 
 
 
 
The kitchen is kind of small but the bathroom is a decent size with a large shower. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The bedroom has a large combo wardrobe and TV entertainment center.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
The unit has a second entry door in the rear near the bedroom. 

View from the rear looking towards the front living room.

 
When we finished touring the Cedar Creek we went inside the store and bought the bladder along with a couple of other items. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We passed a sign advertising a car wash for only $2.00. 

I had given the inside of my car a good cleaning a couple of days ago and had planned on going to a car wash for the exterior but when Monte reminded me that the place we are going to be boon docking is down a dirt road, I decided not to get the car washed. 


BUT I couldn’t pass up a $2.00 car wash.   I was very happy with the results.   My car looks pretty good for a 10 year-old.
This is Monte smiling because he just crossed another chore off his list. 
It was well worth $2.00 to save the time and the water we would have used doing it ourselves.
On our way home we made two more stops-the first was a return trip to Radio Shack
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
for a cable
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and then Harbor Freight
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 for a utility pump to use with the water bladder, microfiber cloths and a box of nitrile gloves.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We skipped dinner because we were both still full from our lunch out.  It was a lovely evening and while Monte puttered around with some things I sat outside watching TV until 10pm. 

1 comment:

  1. I also hunted high and low for the RV California Duster and eventually found it at the Mesa Market. They had lots of them when we were there in 2012.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete