Wednesday, March 27, 2013


March 26 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

Today was another chore day. 
 
 
I gave my car a much needed vacuuming and wiped down the interior that had a fine coating of sand. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I planned on washing the outside but changed my mind when Monte reminded me that the area we are going to be boon docking is accessed through a dirt road. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
One of our cats, Pumpkin, is always ready to dart out the door so we try to be aware of where he is when we open the door. 
 
Our other cat, Anne, is a timid creature and very rarely attempts to make a get-a-way. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I guess she was in an exploring mood today because she flew out the door.  This phenomenon was strange because Anne is an older cat and doesn’t usually move too fast. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monte tried coaxing her out from under the rig but she ignored him and proceeded to roll around in the dirt.  We were forced to use desperate measure by turning on the hose and spraying her.  That did the trick but now instead of being coated with sandy dirt she was covered with mud.  Monte gave her a thorough combing and returned her to the rig
 
 where she spent the rest of the day doing what she does best-napping.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In the afternoon, after finally deciding where the satellite antenna was going to be permanently situated, Monte drilled the holes and completed the installation. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
He also mounted the Wireless HD Video Transmitter in the entertainment center in the living room as well as a receiver in the bedroom and a receiver in the basement that will allow us to remotely watch in those areas programming that is set on the Dish receiver in the living room. 

After dinner we took a ride to Radio Shack for something Monte needed.  I went along just to get some exercise.  Other than clean my car today and chase after Anne I didn’t move very fast or far today.  As much as I have enjoyed spending so much time with my daughter Renee and granddaughters I am looking forward to getting back to exploring new areas and being more physical.   

No comments:

Post a Comment