Thursday, March 28, 2013


March 27 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

In four days we will be hitching up after being in one spot for four months.  I am a little nervous and almost feel like I did when we started out from Florida last August.  When we first started out we followed a check-off list so we wouldn’t forget to stow something when departing an area but eventually we had gotten into a routine for setting up and packing up that it was almost second nature.  To be on the safe side, I think I will print out another copy of the check-off list to follow while we are packing up on Monday.
Monte continued working on his chore list while I took a ride to the Dollar Store where I picked up some items for my twin granddaughters, Daphne and Kennedy, for Easter along with gift cards from Walmart. 

 

My mom had asked me to put together something from her and my dad for the girls.

Grandpa Monte and I gave them some new socks with crazy patterns
and a Walmart gift card in a cute box from the DollarTree.

In the late afternoon Monte dropped me off at Basha’s where I picked up a couple of salad kits while he went to Home Depot to return some items.  We met up in front of Gino’s Pizza, that is located in the same plaza as the grocery store.  I had called in an order earlier and it was ready when we got there.  We drove to my daughter Renee’s house. 

Daphne and Kennedy were still doing homework when we first arrived so I got the salad ready. 
 Renee came home from work a few minutes later and we sat down to dinner.
 
After dinner, the girl’s skyped with their Nana and were able to thank her for the Easter gift.  Earlier in the day Mom had sent me an e-mail with sentiments to be included with the Easter gift.  I had printed them out and added them to the gift and the girls read them out loud to Nana and PopPop.

Grandpa Monte hid waiting for Kennedy to come around the corner.

He jumped out of his hiding place and spooked her. 
 
Renee’s partner Deb had made angel food cake with strawberry and whipped cream for dessert. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Monte...do you still remember how to tow? Now that you have solar we will be noting places that you stay at for our next trip south. Safe travels and enjoy your upcoming adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you two-We will be sure to take plenty of pictures of our departure procedure but I'm just not sure I will post them! HAHA. Your upcoming Mexico trip sounds great-Ole

    ReplyDelete