Saturday, March 16, 2013


March 15, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

I noticed that I have been favoring our one cat, Pumpkin, over our other cat, Anne, in my blog by the overwhelming amount of pictures and stories I post about Pumpkin.  The main reason is that Anne is kind of a blob in that she doesn’t do much but sleep, eat and poop. 
So in an effort at fairness here is a picture of Anne about to drink some water while keeping a watchful eye open for Pumpkin who has been known to pounce on her without warning.

I spent the morning reorganizing cabinets.  When we first took off we weren’t sure what we would need so we crammed “stuff” in every available crevice, nook and cranny.  Now, almost eight months on the road, we have a better idea of what we do and don’t need.  (Of course there have been some occasions where we needed something that we sold at our garage sale for $1.00 and had to go out and purchase new at $20.00) 

I have a type A personality and am very organized-not a bad way to be when living in a small space with limited storage. 
 I have all my dry goods in labeled plastic containers.  This system has worked well for us and the amount of storage was ample when we mostly stayed at RV campgrounds that were near to shopping.  But in anticipation of boon docking in areas that are not close to shopping I wanted to have more food storage and that is why I rearranged things and cleared one cabinet.

 
 
While I was clearing cabinets in the 100 degree heat inside the rig, Monte was outside cutting an opening in the plywood that acts as an access panel in the basement.
 
 
 
 
 
 
  He had taken it out at the start of the solar install and it had taken up residence in our living room so I was relieved to see it being restored to its original place in the basement. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He needed to cut the opening so the panel could slip over the power cables he had installed.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Once the panel was back in place, Monte took a break to take a scooter ride around the RV Park. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After dinner, I sat outside where it was considerably cooler and more comfortable than inside and watched Celebrity Apprentice on HuluPlus on my laptop
 
 
 
 
 while Monte worked on the roof securing all the solar cables. 

 
 
 
 
He took this picture as the sun was setting. 
 
 
 
When it got too dark to see,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 he asked me to bring him up a flashlight. 

 
 
 
 
 
We only have a little over two weeks before our planned departure and Monte still has a list of things he wants to get accomplished so he was happy to be able to cross another task off his list. 

 
 
 
Monte took another ride around the campground with his scooter
 and when he returned I decided to have a turn also. 

We went to Walmart to purchase additional plastic containers for the cabinet I had cleared out for extra storage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment