Saturday, March 9, 2013


March 8, 2013

Desert Sky, Apache Junction, AZ

I was awoken by the ringing of my cell phone at 7am.  It was my daughter Renee calling.  “HELP”  She had important meetings scheduled in the morning and asked me if I could stay with my granddaughter Kennedy who woke up with a fever and was going to be staying home from school.   So I quickly got ready and drove over to her house.  She had already dropped Daphne, Kennedy’s twin sister off at school.


Kennedy spent most of the day on the couch watching TV.  Thank goodness for the Roku for its endless amount of kids’ programming. 







Kennedy demonstrating how she can blow bubbles.  She made some really big ones but they popped everytime I tried taking a picture.






It rained most of the day but in the afternoon, when Kennedy and I went to pick up Daphne from school, the sun strained to poke through the clouds. 










But just as fast as it came, it was gone.   The rain returned and with it high winds strong enough to shake my car as we waited on the pick-up line at school.

 
 
 

Not wanting to waste a day on his solar installation project because of the rainy weather, Monte worked inside doing some pre-wiring.

         In the evening, Monte and I had a date night at the movies.  We saw Oz The Great and Powerful.  The movie is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz and tells the story of how Oz became the powerful wizard.  We really liked the movie.  The colors and sets were spectacular.  It was humorous, sad, and scary.  The movie had elements of revenge, loyalties were tested and redemption was sought.   There were two characters, a flying monkey named Finley and an absolutely adorable un-named porcelain doll, that totally steal the show.  The movie is worth watching just for them alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment